The Captain Samuel Brown School Recycling Programs
All of our recycling programs are run by the Brown School student club, the Environmental Eagles, a grade 4-5 organization. Through the club’s efforts, the younger students learn about reducing, reusing, repairing, and repurposing as an alternative to throwing items away.
What we recycle:
• Paper and Plastic. Dual stream recycling program managed by JRM.
• 5 cent returnable cans and bottles
• Flip top can tabs collected and recycled for Shriners Hospital for Children
• Toner cartridges, ink cartridges, printer cartridges, cell phones, laptops, GPS devices, and other small electronics recycled through the Funding Factory program
• Paired Shoes and Flip Flops recycled through Terracycle®
• Leftover candles that will be used to make new ones to raise money for charity
• Baby food jars to fill with homemade organic body scrubs
• Empty containers of Garnier hair products, Elmer’s Glue, Scotch tape, Colgate oral care including Wisp brand, dairy tubs, hummus tubs, Solo cups, and Tom’s of Maine. All will be recycled through Terracycle®